In the UK we’re utilised to all sorts of weather being thrown at us. From high winds to heavy rain to bright conditions all in a single day and typically its variable like this right throughout the week. When we have a lot of variability in our weather condition it ends up being needed to consider our home, and how we might best protect our investment from the elements.
Flat roofing repair work are one location of a home, business or other structure which, if not cared for properly can result in very major water damage, rot, moisture and expensive repair costs. If allowed to go without repair, water will eventually pool on a flat roof, split the felt and seep into the structure below.
GRP, also known as fibreglass, is an extremely versatile building and construction material for roofs. The material can easily be moulded and formed to fit its surroundings, and it is suitable for use on a flat roofing system, sloped roof or another architectural function, such as a guttering and towers or stacks.
Are there any maintenance issues associated with GRP Roofing?
Put rather simply, no. With at least a 25-year life expectancy, GRP roof requires little to no upkeep. Owners who have replaced flat roofs in favour of GRP discover they have far fewer if any, issues with their roofing system than when utilising conventional felt, plastic or stone as a roof material.
Treating or drying time is mainly a function of air temperature level and humidity, the warmer it is, the quicker GRP roof treatments. It is a laminate material, used in layers across the roofing system surface area.
1. The joists to hold up the new roof are secured throughout the roofing period
2. Boards are laid throughout and secured to the joists
3. The edge trims are fitted around the roof borders
4. The board joints (gaps in between boards) are bandaged to guarantee a safe and secure flat roof without open air areas
5. A GRP roof membrane is laid across the boards, in a procedure referred to as lamination
6. A top coat of resin is then applied evenly across the entire roofing, to protect the laminate and keep an extremely flat roofing. Colours can be contributed to the top coat to fit the application, property, client, and notably, to match the building policies.
7. A last non-slip aggregate layer can be additionally applied to form a safe platform to stand on e.g. if windows need to be accessed throughout the roofing system.
Heritage Roofing Solutions would highly recommend GRP roofing as opposed to felt any day of the week. It is far superior to felt in any circumstance. For more information please contact us and we will be happy to talk you through more benefits if needed.